Pony Pulling Contest
Superintendent: Don Sensabaugh (724) 254-4642
General Regulations for Pony Pull
1. The contest will be conducted under revised rules of the Pennsylvania Farm Show Pulling Contest.
2. The distance for each shall be 13 1/2 feet, but distance of less than 13 1/2 feet will be used to determine winner or placement at the end of the contest.
3. The distance between the side of the boundaries shall be 20 feet. Teams and sled must stay within side boundaries while pulling. Any part of the team or load on or over boundaries will void pull.
4. First and second pull shall be in the direction indicated by the judges. The third pull may be taken in either, providing enough room remains with in the end boundaries.
5. In case of breakage, the team will leave the court and come in at the end of the round for their turn and pick up their proper place in the next round.
6. In case of a tie on the longest distance the second longest distance already pulled will take top place.
7. Under 1,500lbs will be considered light weight.
8. A team is permitted to compete in one class only.
9. Teams will weighed at the judge’s discretion.
10. Any team after competing in its respective class will not be permitted to pull in another weight class, even though they may qualify by making the required weights.
11. One pony of such team will not be allowed to be paired with a lighter or heavier pony and entered in a second class or weight division.
12. Splitting of teams will not be permitted.
13. No whipping, punching, prodding or punishing of animals in any way is permitted.
14. Helpers are not allowed in any way to drive the teams.
15. Any violation of the rules of the contest may result in disqualified.
16. No alcoholic beverages or anyone appearing under the influence of alcohol shall be permitted to pull.
17. A team must complete a successful first pull to qualify for the $50.00 consolation award.
18. The fair association will sponsor an annual Pony Pulling Contest Friday evenings.
19. Prizes for the said contest will be paid as follows: To be determined by Judge prior to event.